Community Standards and Etiquette
1. Be respectful of others.
It's simple - be nice to others. People are proud of their projects and deserve the respect seeing they are showcasing their passion. Also, give each other the benefit of the doubt - often things online can be misunderstood. Try not to take things too personally.
2. Don't harass, personally insult or attack other members.
No tolls allowed. If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t sign up to KoolProjects. We will not tolerate negative or rude behaviour. We will have the right to shut down your profile should we deem your comments are inappropriate or disrespectful to other members.
Personal insults and attacks are not allowed. Inappropriate posts may be removed.
If an inappropriate discussion is happening in a project-run community, it's up to the Project Owner and admins to remove the offending posts.
3. Slurs, stereotyping, and hate speech are not tolerated.
Slurs, hate speech, and attacks aimed at any race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation are not tolerated at all on KoolProjects. Don't stereotype people and projects. It isn't funny and it isn't acceptable.
4. For paid memberships use the public and private security settings to control who can see your posts and photos.
Familiarize yourself with what is available to you on KoolProjects.com.
5. Don't ask other members for help in the form of money, gifts, or donations to fund your projects.
We appreciate how stressful it can be to fund projects, however, it is not acceptable to ask another member for money, goods, or services.
6. Advertising and promotions are only allowed in specific areas within KoolProjects and is coordinated through the KoolProjects advertising team. You may not PM or post in forums your advertisements to other members unless they specifically request information about it.
· Work-at-home businesses
· Products that you are selling (personal or professional)
· Job opportunities
· Charities and charitable causes
· Promoting another website (personal, non-business websites are not advertising)
· Promoting your entry in a contest (e.g,. "vote for my Hot Rod contest on xyz.com!")
· KoolProjects group promotions are not considered advertisements.
· Pyramid schemes and cash gifting scams are illegal and posting information about these schemes anywhere on KoolProjects is prohibited.
7. Cursing is not allowed in public areas.
In order to make KoolProjects comfortable for everyone, please adhere to the following guidelines when posting content that may not be suitable for everyone:
Cursing and adult content are prohibited in public areas on KoolProjects. The public areas include: avatars, screen names, thought bubbles, profile pages (text and images), journal post titles, post titles in public groups, group names, group descriptions, group avatars, and other similar places. There are cases where cursing or content will be so extreme that it will be removed.
8. Pornographic Images and depictions of violence are not permitted on KoolProjects.
We don't allow photographs, illustrations, or other images depicting pornography or violence.
9. Be careful about the personal information you share online.
Be careful about the personal information that you share online.
Don't repost messages from private community groups or messages in public places. If the information was posted in a private group, assume that the member wants it to remain private.
Don't give money to people who ask for it online. While their stories may move you, you have no way of knowing if they are legitimate. We can't verify the identities of everyone on the site and you use the site at your own risk. We urge you to learn and follow best practices for staying safe online.
You should also not share or post anyone else's personal information.
We are not responsible for what happens off the site, even if it was organized on KoolProjects. Be careful whom you talk to, whom you trust, and what you do in the "real" world based on what you read online.
10. Do not create multiple accounts on KoolProjects.
Each member of KoolProjects is allowed to have one account. We want you to build a community of like-minded people with your accounts. If you need a second account to manage your KoolProjects group, it is usually allowed with permission from the KoolProjects Team. If we discover you have multiple KoolProjects accounts, we may cancel that account in addition to your original.
11. Report any issues you see on the site.
If you see something, say something to us. We're always on the site in one way or another and we rely on KoolProjects members to help us identify when there is a violation of these Guidelines. When you report something to us, we will do our best to investigate it. Use the "report" link that's at the bottom of every post, message, and on each profile page, to send a message to the KoolProjects Team from anywhere on the site. If you're in a member-owned group, your report will go to the group owner.
If you think you've found an "imposter" or suspect that a member is not "legitimate," let us know by using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page. We will investigate promptly. Do not threaten, harass, or make posts about your suspicions. Doing this will only interfere with and slow down our efforts to get to the truth quickly.
Likewise, if we discover that you are pretending to be someone you are not, we will cancel your account.
12. Don't do anything criminal or illegal on KoolProjects or encourage anyone else to do so.
Any postings that we reasonably believe or suspect are criminal or illegal in nature will be removed and any conduct that we suspect is illegal or which poses a threat of illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities. We will cooperate with authorities to prosecute anyone who breaks the law while using our site. Do not link to sites containing criminal or illegal activity.
If you see something that you believe is illegal, you can report that to the authorities. We are not experts, and cannot make assessments about the legality of many things - if you think it's illegal, you should contact the police and let them make the decision. We will fully cooperate with any authorities who contact us about issues on KoolProjects.
13.If you want to discuss KoolProjects policies, please contact us directly.
We are open to constructive feedback about our decisions and policies. In order to keep on top of all of the inquiries, we request that you Contact Us directly.